Purgatory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Purgatory. This is where those who didn't have a chance in life, those who were unable to get into Heaven or Hell, and for those who should have rights, but were hunted.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Enter Life
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 am by Rachel

» Payback is a bitch...
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:56 pm by Landon Coston

» Pure Hell Fire
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 am by Ruby

» Hell's a real bitch sometimes...
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:58 pm by Ruby

» Losing Faith
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:44 pm by Zefiel

» Dance with the Devil
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:51 pm by Israel

» Read me!!!!
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:02 pm by Zefiel

» I go pretty much everywhere
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:39 pm by Genesis

» The Hourglass
Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm by Rachel

Top posters
Genesis
Losing Faith I_vote_lcapLosing Faith I_voting_barLosing Faith I_vote_rcap 
Zefiel
Israel
Cannan
Rachel
Ruby
Landon Coston
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 am

Losing Faith

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Race: Angel
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:01 pm

The name that could be used for many different things.

It belonged to her though. Before him, before the country, it was her.

One side hunted the demon in her. The other side persecuted her for the angel in her. What was one to do when a birth happened from both sides but was united into one bloodline. Technically, she was neither allowed in heaven and in purgatory she would be outcasted. At least, it was a place to belong. She had defended against Zefiel, Michael and Gabriel when a bounty was placed on her head. The latest attempts were that of legendary demon executioner, Genesis. Though she was older and faster, Israel was sly and elusive. Her tracking abilities through different planes was also extraordinary as she became another kind of bounty hunter for both sides. Race was not an option, and her blood held both so she killed both. It made no difference to her.

One fateful night, everything changed. Her trigger never fired on one but she was gone before she could let herself be broken by a single gaze. He was there. She was gone. Leaning against the wall, she constantly looked over her shoulder and kept running when darkness fell and rested when the light returned. Midnight was her most dangerous hour and on one night only she stayed inside because too many were out and that was risking too much. And she was already risking so much when the night she left one of her targets intact. One arrow made from the depths of hell could have pierced his heart and sent him to the fiery depths for Lucifer to claim him as his own. Stolen made arrows from both sides was an accomplished weapon because she could hunt both sides.
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 am

"Going over your past again, Israel?" questioned a soft voice from behind her. With a smile, Zefiel watched her. He knew every person who entered Purgatory, but Israel was famous in Heaven, much like Cannan was. "You know, I was looking over the contract that was made between Heaven and Hell about Purgatory, and it doesn't say anything about what I'm supposed to do to people on the run from both Kingdoms. And I wanted your advice. What should I do to those people who enter Purgatory?" he asked, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
https://purgatory.forumotion.net
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:46 am

When his voice echoed through the night, she was automatically in her guard. Turning around, she faced the new predator that stalked her like every other bounty hunter looking for their next prize. She would not be his. Her modified Samuel Colt was already postioned up towards his face, and one shot straight between the eyes would do it. Breathing in, she felt the fire rising from her deepest darkness but it had been calmed by the inner light. It was dim but she still had one.

"The past where you tried to have me killed? Where Lucifer tried to have me killed? How exilerating that is, to outrun everyone twenty-four hours a day." Israel commented. Tossing her long black hair from her face, she could see him clearly. "I say you should leave us alone. We didn't ask to be what we were. You have a problem with me, then Raphael should have not been seduced so easily by Carmina. I say, I should put a bullet between your eyes. Do you know what kind of rounds these are?"

A smirk curved the corners of her lips upwards. "Specially designed bullets engineered to kill your kind."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm

With a soft grin, Zefiel pushed the gun away from his face with his cane. "Well...I was thinking of making Purgatory a safe house for those on the run. After all, neither Heaven nor Hell runs Purgatory. As long as those on the run don't cause problems, they can stay. And if you shoot me, I'm afraid that that would cause you to be killed by the three angels that constantly guard me. You don't want to die early, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:34 pm

She still maintained a reactionary gap between them. Zefiel was powerful and not someone you wanted to mess with though she did anyway. Like he said, she was famous. Why? She really didn't have the time to find out. There was a long pause as she surveyed the area and slipped the gun back into the thigh holster on her right leg. She only needed one there and the hidden holsters that housed a gun engineered to destory demons. Sighing, she looked at him.

"I doubt they could catch me. Even your Executioner had trouble tracking me, that's why I am the best in the business. You should really stay up to date, Zefiel." Israel looked undetered, instead she made more mockery of it. "It's kind of sad actually. I would have thought after our first meeting you could man up and come for me yourself, but no, you go and take others to do your work."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Before she could blink, he was standing next to her, a blade at her throat. "You mean like this?" he whispered, his voice no longer happy, his smile gone. "I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to offer you a home in Purgatory. You'll be safe from all bounty hunters from Heaven and Hell. You have 24 hours to respond to the offer, or you can leave Purgatory forever."
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:52 pm

He was quick, but her blade tipped with silver nitrate was pulled from its sheath on her holster and to his side. If she were to die, he would not be the only one left standing. Though it would not kill him, it was certainly weaken him quite a bit. There was nothing she did without a fight. Now, he was telling her that she had twenty-four hours to respond but her gaze never faltered.

"It's about time, Z." Iza only chuckled. Everything was amusing. When she was little, her mother told her to live each day like it was going to be your last. "You know, my mother made me come up with my last request when I was young. And, once I clued into the fact that life is finite, the thought of losing it doesn't scare me anymore. The end comes no matter what, the only thing that matters is how do you wanna go out, on your feet or on your knees? I bring that lesson to this job. I act, knowing that someday this life will end, no matter what. You should do the same. "
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:01 pm

"Like I said, I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to offer you a home," he replied, ignoring her and removing his blade. He sheathed it and turned to leave. "24 hours. I'll be looking for Cannan during that time, to offer him the same, but I'll be back at the end to see if you've left." As he walked away, he turned his head towards her. "I learned a long time ago the everyone dies at some point in time. I'm not afraid of Death, or what comes after." This last part was a whisper, carrying only to her ears.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 pm

After he dropped his to sheath it, she mirrored his image and turned around to walk away from him. He was her weakness. Though no one could tell it from looking at the way they acted. She hated him as much as she hated the Executioner. Enemies were all she knew of and Cannan was just an acquaintance. Much like her, he wandered around alone but his stunt with marrying the Executioner sent waves throughout both sides. A union. And if another child was born, that child would live the same life she would. On the run, no matter how much its parents protected it.

When she reached another corner, she rounded it quickly and slammed her back against the wall. It was then she released her pent up fright. She never showed it as she leaned her head against the wall to anticipate her other weakness, battling of her sides. "God help me."

24 hours later...

Israel was standing in the same exact spot she had been where Zefiel had come to offer her a treaty. More of a buy-off. She would not be bought so easily, this was her home as much as it belonged to Raphael, her father. She never forgot where she had come from but the newfound courage was enough as she stood there, the black leather jacket whisping in the wind behind her.
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 am

24 hours after his meeting with Israel, he was back. And this time he had a long sword attached to his back, and his hands were coated in blood. Not his own. "Alright," he stated as he smiled at her, wiping his hands off. "Your 24 hours are up. Do I have to throw you out now?" he asked. This was the last chance he could offer to let her live without worry.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:58 pm

"My answer is I will not be pushed around because you think my kind are abominations." She shrugged her shoulders.

Her chin lifted as she breathed in. She knew the consequences she lived everyday and now the daughter of the Archangel, Raphael would not be turned away from a city she was already righted to. She was claiming her title. Guardian angel. Her fear was overcome by her confidence that her father would protect his only daughter. No one would touch her. She killed both and did not care who she did it to. When both sides rejected her, she had no alliance with anyone.

"If you harm the daughter of your brother, thats a serious consequence against that."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:51 am

His smile vanished as he finished wiping his hands off. And then he was beside her, the edge of his sword lying across her neck, his dagger resting on her stomach. "Don't ever assume to tell me what I think of your kind, Israel. I don't care about race, rank, or blood-ties. If I did, Cannan wouldn't be lying in Genesis' bed, holding her. He's staying, free of both Heaven and Hell, like you can be," he growled softly before he was back to his original spot, sword and dagger resting in sheathes again.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 am

Her own was unsheathed at a speed unheard of for her kind. Being a hybrid between the two made her something entirely different though the consequences were far greater. no one understood the battles she fought when she was alone. Shaking uncontrollably, sweating, and mentally becoming unstable was something she dealt with all her life. Raphael was no help, he would only when she was in dire need of something but nothing else he would help her with. Her mother only wanted dominance as she would not.

Dropping her own, she watched her. There was a pure tired look in her eyes as she shook her head. "You do what you have to do, Zefiel. I'm not some child you are going to be pushing around. Genesis and Canaan would kill you in a minute even if you threatened her. Me on the other hand, I just dont care."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:40 pm

With a nod, his sword and dagger vanished back into their sheathes. "You can stay. Get some sleep, Israel. There's a room prepared for you at my home, if you wish to use it. Good night, Israel," he stated before kissing her cheek and then turning away. Instead of his usual vanishing act, he walked, staring at the stars, thinking as he did so.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 pm

She watched him walk away. There was a moment where she just sighed and turned around, walking in the opposite direction. Where he had kissed her on the cheek was burning. The feeling was the demonic sense in her. In one night, she had been mortally wounded, killed four bounty hunters, and faced the Archangel Zefiel only to live to see another day. She would watch the sunrise this morning, thanking anyone who was looking out for her for another day she could do her job. She was a guardian angel, she stopped ordinary crime in a city that everybody forgot.

Zefiel's Home

The speed of her Ninja was impressive as she pulled into the driveway and parked her vehicle in the front of his home. It was probably not the place where it was supposed to go but at the moment, a bed sounded so much better than anything else. Walking up the front of his house, she pushed open the door before the dromo who worked for him could say anything to her. She looked around, admired the work that had been done intensively to the house. Zefiel probably had his own personal touches done before the painters could have come in and did their own thing. There was probably an extensive plan that had been laid down before he had the place built.

Walking up the stairs, she found the room he had been talking about. She closed the door behind her and slipped her shoulders from the long black leather coat. She hissed. The angelic arrow that had pierced in the shoulder was stinging. Though it would probably be another scar she possessed as she doffed the coat onto the large bed stationed in the middle of the room. Next came her black leather vest, black jeans, and boots that were stationed up to her knees. There was blood on the inside of the shirt, along with a puncture marks where she had been hit. The bathroom was occupied in a minute as she turned on the water and stepped underneath the scorching hot water. She closed her eyes and ran her hand over her forehead before she looked and watched the blood wash from her skin.

Mortality was a bitch...
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:04 pm

With a low sigh, he walked into his home and headed for the room he had set up for Israel. He saw the door was shut and smiled. She had taken his offer. With a nod, he turned and made his way to his own room, removing his shirt as he did so. A light finger trailed over the scars on his chest and stomach, and then lifted up to check the field bandage that covered his left ear. A demon had bit it off, and he had kept it a secret by hiding the bandage under his hair. No one knew yet. And if he had anything to say about it, no one ever would.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:17 pm

After occupying the bathroom for almost an hour, she stepped from the shower and wrapped a towel around her slender frame before ringing out her onyx black hair. The water dropped into the shower as she walked out and into the room. The bag she carried on the back of her bike was sitting on the bed as she zipped it open and pulled on some kind of clothing. A t-shirt and shorts would do for now but the hunger was also starting to rise as she sighed and pulled the towel off after drying up and placing clothes on. Leaving her hair loose and wild, she walked out and started to explore for the kitchen. Her steps were light, almost inaudible as she tiptoed downstairs and explored more. Why couldn't these people just have simple homes like her? It was nothing grand but the lands were vast and you could see for miles. It was her safehaven.

"Where are you?" The questioned rhetorically...The kitchen had to be around there somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Without a sound, he was behind her. "Looking for something?" he whispered in her ear, his warm breath gliding over her skin. He was dressed in a pair of loose pants, for his workout, and nothing more, except the bandage still hidden under his hair.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:33 pm

She only smiled, and tilted her head in the opposite direction from where his head was over her shoulder. There was a prickling across her shoulder as she turned around the face him. Looking up, she was shorter than him as she lowered her eyes and then looked back up. Breathing in, she intook his scent branding him. Now if she ever needed to find him, she could.

"Kitchen. The real question is what are you looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:49 pm

With a smirk, he offered his arm to her. "Allow me to lead you there. And you wouldn't believe me if I told you what I was really looking for, Israel," he replied, his eyes twinkling slightly as he stared at her. On his own intake of breath, he memorized her scent as well.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 pm

She just smiled and took his arm as they walked towards the kitchen. She caught glimpses of the scenery before keeping her attention to where she was going. There was nothing more she wanted than to sit down and be able to eat a full meal. She always wondered how she wasn't a walking stick because she ate so little. When she did eat, there was always some kind of interruption.

"Try me."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Zefiel led her to a table and then moved towards the fridge. He opened it, took out some wrapped items and then moved over to the stove. "What would you like to eat? Steak and eggs? Always good for breakfast." Setting the items on the counter next to the stove, he turned to face her. "You want to know what I'm looking for? I'm looking for something like what Cannan and Genesis have. I always have been, and I always will be. Unless I'm lucky."
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 pm

"Im not picky. Anything edible."

Sitting at the table, she slipped into the high-back chair and leaned back. She watched him pull some food from the refridgerator and place everything on the counter. This was such a nice place as she looked around, leaned forward and cupped her hands before looking at Zefiel again. Smiling slightly, she nodded. She wanted the same thing but the intensity of her life was demanding and some people could not understand that. She did what she had to do to survive.

"Patience." She only said. "What they have took time. Now they are happily married with a child on the way. You have to be jealous of that."
Back to top Go down
Zefiel
Archangel of Life
Zefiel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 pm

With a nod, he turned back to the stove and began to cook breakfast for two. "I am jealous. That's why I want it so much. But I'm happy for them as well. Genesis is my cousin, and I've never had a problem with Cannan. In fact, I like him. But don't let him, or her, know that," he replied as he cooked.
Back to top Go down
Israel

Israel

Roleplaying Character
Biography:

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:53 pm

She watched him, and observed how he moved. It was languid and calm, like the crashing of the waves against a shoreline after a storm. Laughing somewhat at the comparison she made, she only let her mind rest before smelling the food loft her way. If she was a very animalistic person about food, she would have pushed him out of the way but she kept her calm. It had been forever since she has had home cooked food if not ever.

"I am more fond of Canaan just because he killed...helped me during some difficult times. I believe he is my third cousin or something. Genesis on the other hand tried to kill me several times on bounties. She failed all those times obviously."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing Faith   Losing Faith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing Faith
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purgatory :: Purgatory :: Gates of Purgatory-
Jump to: